If you are experiencing a housing crisis,
please call the regional housing crisis hotline at 757-587-4202, or Toll Free at 866-750-4431.
The Housing Crisis Hotline is the region’s starting point for anyone who is experiencing a housing crisis and in need of shelter, case management, and related services.
The Housing Crisis Hotline does not provide any direct financial assistance.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 7:00 p.m.
The fastest way to get connected to services is to call the Hotline at 757-587-4202, or Toll Free at 866-750-4431.
2-1-1 is an easy to remember phone number connecting people with free information on available community services. When you dial 2-1-1, a trained professional listens to your situation and suggests sources of help using one of the largest databases of health and human services in Virginia.
2-1-1 VIRGINIA provides access to services in your community and statewide. All referrals are confidential and you can search for these same services on this 2-1-1 VIRGINIA Web site. Government, nonprofit, and community-based agencies, as well as businesses that provide health and human services to the citizens of Virginia are encouraged to list their services.
Free on-line resources are available to help individuals and families learn more about financial management and how to reach important financial goals. These recommended sites include guidance, classes, toolkits, and videos on budgeting, saving, debt management, making major purchases, and much more.
1. GCF Learn Free offers an easy to navigate site with lots of information on budgeting, saving and money management.
2. Balance Track offers a well-designed site with lots of resources and worksheets. All chapters are available as podcasts and all can be presented in Spanish. BALANCE TRACK
3. MoneyWi$e, a national financial literacy partnership of Consumer Action and Capital One, offers free, multilingual financial education materials, curricula and teaching aids. MONEYWI$E
4. Money Management International offers 11 interactive video on a range of financial topics to improve financial success. The Family Interaction Guide is a downloadable workbook full of ideas for the whole family. MONEY MANAGEMENT
5. Money Smart – A Financial Education Program is offered by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation MONEY SMART This comprehensive course can be provided by an instructor or taken individually at this link: Money Smart CBI Online . Registration (free) is required.
6. Dave Ramsey– America’s trusted voice on money, is a New York Times best-selling author and radio host. Learn to budget, beat debt, & build a legacy. DAVERAMSEY.COM